- Published: Saturday, 04 March 2017 17:20
- Written by Louise Stevens
A Case by Kim Latore
A boy of 2 came for treatment for diarrhoea, he was experiencing bowel movements up to 10x day. He had had a minor operation on his bowel at 3 weeks old and the consultant was considering another. His mother did not want any further surgery.
At the first visit he looked very pale, under weight, dull eyes with dark patches underneath. With so many loose bowel movements I was not surprised that his immune system was weak and he often had colds and experienced frequent high temperatures. He was unable to absorb enough nutrients from the food he was ingesting and therefore getting weaker.
One of the most common conditions when treating children is an immature digestive system, or as we diagnose Spleen Qi deficiency. A proper well cooked diet is essential for maximum absorption of food. Too many cold, raw foods, wheat, sugar and diary products can all have a negative impact on the gut as can overuse of antibiotics. I suggested using goats milk instead of cows, as the fat globules are smaller and are more easily digestible.
He had 13 treatments in total, each one lasting just 10 minutes, as the needles were not retained. He gained confidence with each treatment and went from strength to strength and did not require any further surgery. The bowels firmed up and became normal and thus his immune system strengthened, he gained weight and is now a thriving 7 year old.
More Articles ...
- Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine - what it means to me!
- Overcoming Coughs and Flu with Acupuncture
- The Year of the Fire Rooster
- Introducing Kim Latore, specialising in treating Children
- Herbal medicine and Antibiotics
- Asthma, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Diet
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine and Diet
- New Acupuncture Practitioner Joining our Team!
- The New Year brings The Fire Monkey
- Movie trailer about Weymouth Acupuncture
- To Detox or Not to Detox - That is the Question!
- Period Problems and Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
- Headache and Migraines
- Lingering Pathogens - What are they?
- The Importance of a Holiday!
- An MOQi, or alternative health check up
- Painful Obstruction Syndrome
- Thyroid Disorders & Chinese Medicine
- Acupuncture Offers Allergy Relief
- Crohn’s Disease
- Depression Awareness Week
- Herbs to treat inflammation: The 10 most powerful natural medicines that really work.
- Movie trailer for AcuHerbs, Weymouth Acupuncture Clinic
- Exam Stress and Acupuncture
- Save the date - 15th April - Acuherbs Weymouth Open Day
- Chinese Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture and Hay Fever
- Stress and Digestion
- Secondary Infertility, Acupuncture & Low Sperm Count
- Acupuncture Awareness Week - March (Dorset's Acupuncture Centre)
- Fertility and Treatments alongside IVF procedures
- Period Pains: Treatment with Chinese Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture, Weymouth and Dorchester
- Aches and Pains
- Moxibustion and how this treatment can help
- Dietary Therapy
- Digestive Disorders
- Stress and Anxiety
- Women's Health
- Extended Acupuncture hours in Dorchester, Dorset
- Morning Sickness & Acupuncture